Creating a Company Brand
Question: How do I create a brand for my company, product or service?
Answer: Brand is a perception of how visitors feel about your company, its products, and services. When a brand is positioned in the mind of buyers, there is not a suitable substitute for your brand for them. It starts with understanding what the values are that your brand represents. Is it Quality, Reliability, Speed of Service or Economy? In creating a brand, you need to think about the following.
- What do you want your company to be known for? What do your customers value in a brand?
- Define the benefits that your customers derive from buying your products and/or services the features of your product or service are only important to you. It’s the benefits that they are buying.
- Is this your brand or are you a reseller of a well-known brand like Scotts-Lawn Products?
- What is the message you want to “stick” when potential buyers see your brand or your messages?
- How are your competitors communicating their brands? By creating a brand and brand messaging that sticks your marketing communications will have legs and
Source: Simple Steps for Starting Your Own Business – SCORE/ BoA
Back to list of topics