BizTips from SCORE – Chambers of Commerce
Motivating Your Team
- Your team doesn’t all fit into a cookie cutter, so it’s the responsibility of the owner/manager/leader to learn what motivates and makes each one thrive.
- True leaders promote others to be leaders. Check-in with each individual on a regular basis.
- Be human. At the end of the day, business is a people business and they come first whether they are your customers or your employees.
- Earn each individual’s trust and enter into meaningful, purposeful relationships.
- Value based leadership creates innovative, high-functioning teams. Integrity, inclusion, and equality come first
- It’s OK to celebrate failure. Understanding what went wrong and how to fix it is the important response.